tie-dye

I’m in the process of compiling all the Kickstarter rewards and pre-orders into a database so that I can start full production next week.

Unfortunately, there are often unexpected issues that require an item to be made more than once, including glazes than float/run/drip messing up the design…

As well as the occasional mishap that can happen at any time in the process.

I’m finally healthy enough to schlepp around 45 gallon buckets of glaze and have been mixing up the new ones.

Then comes the test firing.  I didn’t have time to make and bisque fire tiles, so I grabbed some bisque ware that was already hanging around and glazed it…

This is my new favorite glaze…  Black Cherry…  I love all the cool colors and textures.  One thing I discovered from this firing is that it is “curtaining” and I need to flocculate it (not as complicated as it sounds, it just requires an infusion of a Magnesium Sulphate solution).

I’ve had a few requests for purple, so one of the glazes I got was “Eggplant” which is a lovely matte purple…  I glazed the heart bowl with it.

I’ve been working on a new technique using over and underglaze in the same firing to create designs with a bit more precision that was/latex resist over a pre-firing…

The design I’m most excited about, is the tie-dye…  I’m super happy with the way this one turned out.

If you see something you like and want to change up/modify what you’ve asked for you are more than welcome to send me an email, facebook message or Kickstarter message.  Full production starts next week :)

More frequent updates appear on the studio’s Facebook page:

Thanks again everyone…

Now I have some flocculation to take care of…